Sunday 20 November 2011

On my Coffee Table: Print Workshop


Another fairly new addition to my bookshelf – I have just got around to reading it properly instead of just flicking through the pictures!
This book is visually interesting and is beautifully put together with lots of photographs and illustrations, it is printed on a thick matt paper which makes it feel very sturdy.


Full of useful information and ideas written in a light-hearted way which makes for very easy reading – I especially enjoyed the the introduction to each chapter and the beginning of the book where is describes the tools, materials and has information on colour. Chapters include relief, stencil, sun and image transfer printing.

I probably wouldn't make any of the projects in the book but I would use the printmaking techniques described. It makes me want to print more though which has got to be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment