Wednesday 16 November 2011

Pikaland Bootcamps


A huge thank you to Amy and Jamie at Camp Pikaland – in just 10 weeks I have transformed from struggling to find the focus to produce and finish artwork, to discovering new and exciting paths towards fulfilling dreams I didn't even know I had!!
 
The first bootcamp was Making your Mark and was a six week course aimed at finding and developing your voice as an artist. I tried lots of new approaches to creating work, homed in my style and skills, and learnt a lot about my strengths and weaknesses. Doing the courses online means are in a group of people from all over the world – they were all in the same situation so you get to learn from each other too. Here is a snapshot of some of the work I created on this course...

 

In the four week Bringing your work to market I have designed a banner, written an artists statement, photographed my artwork, started this blog, created a website, facebook page, online shop....the list goes on! But each task was geared towards getting our work noticed online in the best possible way to make our work shine.

Camp Pikaland has given me the push I needed and I don't regret joining the courses for a second despite all the hard work! ;) I found Pikaland at just the right time and really feel I am back on track and exciting about making artwork again.

After an intense 10 weeks I need a bit of time to reflect and develop parts of it that I enjoyed -  but I plan to do more courses in the future. I would recommend these online classes for any artist whatever stage they are at – there is always room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment